Time is flying by!! I can't believe my last post was in October!! I didn't even post the sex of our new baby! We are having a BOY!! I'm due April 7th, but from the comments of those around me, they don't see how I can last that long. Hmmmmmm... I guess I'm really starting to grow! In my mind it is April 7th. I don't want to get my hopes up for an earlier date and I want this baby boy to "bake" as long as necessary!
I would love to post some updated pics from the holidays-- but I LOST MY PICTURES!! Chalk one up to pregnancy brain- I was messing around on my camera and deleted all my pictures since August. I cried. If any of you have pics of my sweet Myra in the past 5 months, please email them to me!
Myra Kate is growing!!1 Can you believe she will be 2 in a month? She is talking all the time!! She is currently singing Ring Around the Rosies as she plays with her bathtub toys. She sings Jesus Loves Me all the way through, but only when she wants to. She is also potty training and doing very well. We are blessed to have one who wants to sit on the potty.
I'm wanting to use cloth diapers for our little guy, and Myra's potty training has started to prepare me for that. I'm using cloth training pants from Mimsy Vimsy and the few times she has had a big accident, I kind of shutter. It will take some getting use to-- especially the stinky diapers! Hats off to our moms who used cloth diapers from day one! Too bad our generation has opted for the "disposable" diapers that sit in our landfills for 400 years!! Maybe more will catch on to the need for us to be more responsible with our diapering. :)
oops- I got on a salt box. I have been doing that a lot lately! I think my hormones are going crazy with this little guy!! Ha!!
I'm so excited for my sweet friends, the Smiths! Amber had her baby girl New Years Day! What an answer to many prayers!
I've been thinking of my brother a lot this week. He had a birthday Tuesday and man we are getting old!! He has dedicated the last two years of his life to planting a church in the Denton/Frisco area and I'm very proud of him. Lift up a prayer for Les' family and the Body at Vinelife as a gift to him. :)
Our house is a COMPLETE wreck! We are moving furniture from room to room, painting shelves and beds, and trying to make room for baby brother. (These are times when living on a budget stinks!!) It seemed so easy in my mind, but now that we are in the middle of it, I wish we could pay someone to finish up our mess! It doesn't help that I can't move furniture or lift heavy things. Much of the work has fallen on Ross' shoulders-- as if he doesn't have enough going on! Too bad I can't get HGTV in here!
I've not been good at sitting at the computer... I get uncomfortable quick. And, Myra Kate wants to sit in my lap and type herself. She is "doing laundry" now, which means she takes all the dish towels out of the kitchen and lays them perfectly straight on a chair in the living room. It looks like she found the bath towels, too. Too bad putting them away isn't as fun.
Love to all!
Jamie
1 comment:
We are so excited for you guys. It sounds like all is coming along normally.......that last surge of energy always leads to "house" stuff. Kelly and Brad rearranged things over Christmas break and they have some painting to do in the baby's room. I remember that energized feeling when we thought life with an additional baby will never be the same. It isn't...it is better. I think you will find cloth diapers are just fine. Disposables when you travel are great though. I think it made all of mine easier to potty train...or I was trained due to the fact I wanted to be done with diapers. Either way, it worked. Too bad about the pictures. Take some today and move on from there. Technology has its tricks. ha LYNN
Post a Comment